Sunday 11 March 2018

Thousand Sons Patrol

Thousand Sons Patrol

   I am a great fan of playing with small armies in 40K as I think the large models need space and lots of terrain to make manoeuvre tactically important. The background of the Thousand Sons in particular lend themselves to narrative games featuring an intrepid exploration team: and here is my version.

HQ

   An Exalted Sorcerer, or Sorcerer if appropriate, is the leader of the expedition and the only HQ.

Rubric Marine Section

   The 'muscle' of my sorcerer's team is provided by a section of Thousand Sons Rubric Marines, which I class as 'Troops' in a Thousand Son force.


Horrors

   A mixed unit of Horrors make an excellent 'meat-shield' of expendables.


Screamers

   A small unit of Daemon Screamers of Tzeentch are great as a fast attack strike unit or emergency reserve, capable of quickly exploiting a success or plugging a hole.

Mirrorfiend

   And finally the Mirrorfiend, played as a Forgefiend, give the patrol a heavy assault unit.


So there it is, a finished army.

Well, almost finished as I might just add some Tzaangors or cultists.....and maybe some Scarab Terminators as an elite bodyguard, and....................









8 comments:

  1. These look great, John!

    I've also had a lot of fun playing small games of 40K 8th (Power Level 20-30).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's about what I and my regular opponent use. We tend to play very vanilla....without bothering with stratagems and such

      Delete
  2. I've been becoming much more of a fan of smaller scale 40K stuff as well. Easier to fit games in, easier to switch between projects, better scope for personalization and impromptu narratives. And less strain on my back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of those things, WestRider.. .and it must plays better .

      Delete
  3. Dear John
    How do horrors and screamers engage?
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With teeth and claws.... And invulnerable daemon saves against incoming.

      Delete