Sunday 13 December 2020

Blood Angels Primaris Captain: First Model of a New Army


 

Way, way, back in the dawn of time I had a Blood Angels Army based around one of the original metal Dreds and a load of the first starter set 40K. They were orange in those days, as I recall.

Finally getting around to opening my new Indomitus set, I was going to just add them to my Ultrasmurf Army. But then I had a radical idea: why not paint an army operating beyond The Great Tear in Space? Blood Angels are the obvious choice, especially as Dante is now Head Honcho of half the galaxy.

I went for a dark look for the captain, especially on the shield. These are dark days, after all. Anyway, I hate the white shields.

I will probably paint the line troops a little more brightly.

More clickable photos below.





6 comments:

  1. Excellent work on your space vampire John, do remember the day's of orange Blood Angels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And those awful bloated Drednoughts 😀

      Delete
    2. How very dare you John! :)
      https://weemen.blogspot.com/2019/10/dreadtober-2019-completed-rt-era-dreads.html

      Blood Angels look great, I like the dark red but I am a sucker for the 90’s red/orange too.

      Delete
    3. I like the orange guys as well, but I am notoriously colour vision challenged.

      Delete
  2. Dear John
    My son had a very large force of Smurfs Let me hear about that project
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ultrasmurfs is a nickname for the electric blue Ultramarines Chapter. They are correct, proper, dutiful, and wax and polish their tanks.

      Delete