Sunday 24 January 2021

Ultrasmurf Army


 Ultrasmurfs

This army isn't new but I had just given it a very basic paint job to get it on the table for 8th edition. As I now have time on my hands, sigh, I decided to tart them up a bit.

I wanted to give my Ultramarines a completely different feel to the Blood Angels as they are based on the 'safe' side of the Great Rift. Their armour and vehicles are clean, well maintained, waxed and polished....and in general they are better equipped. This is a mechanised detachment rather than an infantry raiding force.

1. HQ characters, Captain (5 points), three Lieutenants, one a Reiver (at 4 points each), and a Librarian converted from spare Primaris model (5 points).

2. Battleline Repulsor IFV (16 points) and two five-man Intercessor Squads (at 5 points each).

7. Battleline Tactical Squad of Old-Style Marines (10 points).

3. Heavy Fire Support Hell Blaster Squad (5 points).

4. Fast Attack Inceptor Squad (6 points).

5. Elite Reiver Squad (5 points) and Primaris Ancient (4 points).

6. Elite Scout Sniper Squad (4 points).

8. Contemptor Dreadnought (8 points).

9. CAS Stormtalon Gunship (9 points).

10. CAP Stormhawk Interceptor (10 points).

If I fielded the lot, the army comes to 112 points.



14 comments:

  1. My goodness, what a smurfy looking lot that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking army, John. Love the look of the blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamiya metallic deep blue overlaid with MIG metallic blue.

      Delete
  3. Shiny,Shiny Shiny bits of metal ( well plastic anyway ) rocking the metallic paint jobs. I like the Ice world basing too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the metallic look you've given them, they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt...I wanted them to look shiny and 'guardsman' like.

      Delete
  5. Very shiny indeed, John. It must be all that lapping paste, with time on their hands. :-)

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I never noticed how baneblade-alike that floaty tank looks until now

    ReplyDelete