Sunday 9 June 2013

Broadside 2013: The Sudan





Saw an amazing 28 mil game display at Broadside based on the Khartoum Campaign.

Have a look at this scratchbuilt gunboat. Amazing.

Regular readers of my pearls of wisdom know that I am spending a deal of time in the Sudan at the moment. I just have to build some gunboats. Has to be done, chaps. Pip, Pip.




The Director pans back.





The Mad Mahdi sends in the Whirling Dervish Navy.





This is a clip of the gunboat sequence from the film Khartoum on Youtube. It is excellent. I really must build one of these.

5 comments:

  1. That does look rather splendid, often thought about building one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best displays at the show I thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it really stood out. I thought the gunboat was the single best model of the show.

      Delete
  3. That gunboat looks very close to the one Gary Chalk built in Wargames Illustrated. He detailed all the needed materials and gave blueprints. The article should be available at their stie, or in one of the CD bundles. issue number is 141

    ReplyDelete