Tuesday 19 August 2014

West Wind Customer Service, Steampunk Dragonfly

Having a steampunk week.

I have bought quite a few Empire of the Dead models from Jim and Tori at Rochester Models including this little beauty: an Ornithopter.

I guess that ornithopter has become a generic word for an animal kingdom-based flying machine but I am a career zoologist so I must - pedantically - insist that this is a dragonfly: an Aeshnacopter, if you will. :)

This is a great model that comes with alternate heads that can make it look very different. I opted for the Prussian-look to match my IHMN North Star Society of Thule.

A word about West Wind's customer service: I lost one of my wings and as this is an expensive quality model wrote to West Wind asking if I could buy another.

A few days later two arrived in the post - two because they are matched left right pairs and I hadn't specified which I wanted.

Not finding an invoice I rang up Wendy Cooper who declined further payment - all part of the service.

Now THAT is customer service!

17 comments:

  1. I read this expecting it to be another company who have poor customer service, so that is really gratifying to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, West Wind! Andy and Wendy are quality people, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very good kudos to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was impressed, Simon. It wuld have been entirely reasonable if they had charged me.

      Delete
  4. That is excellence customer service and I love West Wind for that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the great advantage small business can have - engaging with their customers.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's a lovely model. The wings are cleverly done to resemble a real dragonfly.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful mini! Thanks for showing that, as the wings and alternate heads are not up on the West Wind site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, from memory youe get four different heads - the same as the gyrocopter.

      Delete
  7. Nice model and good job on the service :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderfull model! Love it!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete