Friday 3 October 2014

Bolt Action: Defenders of France, 500pts





Just worked out my 500 pts French 1940 platoon to take on Andy Singleton's Boche.

As I don't know what Andy has, I settled on a general purpose reinforced platoon.

I have a 2nd Lt and two French 8-man sections with grenade launchers, and one with an LMG, a Belgian Police Militia Section, a '75, a machine gun and an R35 light infantry support tank.

All the French are Regular, except for the tank which is inexperienced, as is the Belgian section.


Pour l'honneur de France

2 comments:

  1. Not a bad list! A few thoughts from my two games at 750 I played with mine.

    1) No free Artillery? Slip in a light or Med gun!
    2) Get an FT tank, in low point games armor isn't huge, but a FT tank is deadly! I know from experience at 750pts. I also had two artilery guns at 750.
    3) Lower the officer to Inexp and make him a 1st if you can.
    4) Get the tank up to Regular
    5) MMG while Iconic I don't think are great.
    6) Mortars (inexp) and a Regular sniper are gems
    7) I also broke my French into 6 man sections, which is how they would split a squad of 12, one with an LMG and the other with a VB, worked very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Styx
      Thanks for the list. Very interesting. 500 pts is wonderfully constricting, which makes it fun to play. I like the idea of an FT. Warlord now sell one so - watch this space, as they say.

      Delete