Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Chocs Away, Chaps


Made an Airspeed Horsa Mk 1 troop-landing glider for my airborne to land in. It's an Airfix 1/72 kit. I hadn't reaised what a huge aircraft this was. I had a mental image of something much smaller. I knew they could land quite heavy equipment, such as 17pdr anti-tank guns, but I hadn't followed through on my thinking.

I got my airbrush out for the first time in years and had to remind myself what all the bits did. I hummed and hawed about fitting Normandy stripes but decided in the end to leave it as a more generic paint finish. I can always spray some on later.


10 comments:

  1. Nicely executed John with a scenic setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work John, I've just finished Stephen.E. Ambrose's 'Pegasus Bridge' coincidently,which is highly-recommended if you haven't had chance to read it.
    Regards,
    Monty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I wouldnt mind a couple of these in 15mm scale...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Paul
    My back garden is very green this summer. Continuous rainfall has its upside.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Monty
    I have never read it but it has just been reprinted.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Scott
    Someone must do a 1:100 version.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Death, old age, are words without a meaning, that pass by us like the idle air which we regard not Diablo 3 Gold Sale, It takes strength to do what must be done when the work is unpleasant and uncomfortable Diablo 3 Gold, it takes strength to persist in the face of obstacles, when it would be much easier to simply give up Buy Diablo 3 Gold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections cheap c9 gold, don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first c9 money, I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches c9 gold.

    ReplyDelete