Thursday 6 September 2012

Anglican League: Horse Artillery


I have quickly painted up a horse drawn field gun for my Thursday night game with my regular opponent, Shaun of the Dead. I will paint the horses and trailer later. The gun is an obsolete WWI Royal Artillery piece. It will be interesting to see if the St Augustine Brigade, the "Bluebells" can get it working.

We intend to try out a first test of the Brigadier 1938 rules by Solway. I have read them through and they seem straightforward and quite flavourful.

Watch this space for a full review.


9 comments:

  1. Blimey, John - another fine addition to your force...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Man Sweet! the RHA airfix one of the all time favs when i was a kid.like the officer and the uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grand little fellas, those. I am getting tempted by this increase in AVBCW stuff to have a mess about with my WWI Tommies and my Dad's old railway town - scale compatibility be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Airfix. Great wargame figures. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tsold
    It is a great kit with lots of extras.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Peter
    The difference between 1/76 and 1/72 is often less that between manufacturers at the same scale...
    J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Irqan
    The RHA kit has been released by Airfix and is on sale everywhere. The mould is good with minimal flash.
    J

    ReplyDelete