Friday 21 September 2012

Warlord Games Imperial Japanese: Cultists


I have finished painting and basing my  box of Warlord Games Imperial Japanese troops. A little under £30 gets you twenty metal soldiers. They are in chunky 28ml scale and are compatible with 40K. I think they make excelent cultists or a planetary militia. The first photo shows the command unit of an officer, bannerman, radio operator, heavy MG team, and light mortar team. The platoon flag and devotional banners come with the kit but I supplied the bases.

The devotional flags on the guns are a great idea and I wonder why we don't use them on our 40K models. A generous supply comes with the kit.

I used Citadel sepia and dark brown washes and the mud is Citadel textured paint. The bamboo is straw kindly donated by rabbit.




A rifle squad led by an officer charging with a sword (katana?). It includes a light MG.




Second rifle squad led by an NCO, at the right rear. The gunners are changing mags on the LMG.



8 comments:

  1. The figs look great. Good to see rabbit contributing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking minis John, I particularly like the flag carrier - very effective ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sons
    Having donated some straw from his hutch, rabbit settled down for a really good kip under the garden chair with the air of someone who had done his duty.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Monty
    I am very pleased with them. I might try some Chindits next.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work John, they do look quite well fed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Paul
    Clinical obesity strikes wargame miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John
    Like the figures yes it is a katana re the devotional flags and 40k Imperial Guard I seem to remember some body did a unit that mixed samurai elements with imperial guard most memorably Sashimono (back banners a bit like the eldar and ork Snake-bites and Nobz use to have) and the shoulder and thigh guards also having a samurai style slant
    I think I've got a few spare sashimono if you want to dress some of the officer types up for an even more alternative WWII look

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Shaun
    It is tempting. I was thinking mostly of my chaos stuff.

    ReplyDelete