Tuesday 1 January 2013

Ravenwing






I don't buy many 40K books as they are mostly not too my taste, too much like fanfic for my liking but Gav Thorpe is an exception.


I enjoyed Ravenwing a great deal. Thorpe is not the most technically proficient writer in the world. His sentence construction can be a little clunky but he is a wonderful story teller and that is far more important.



He has an old fashioned ‘dark. approach to 40K that matches my take on the universe. He portrays the Dark Angel version of Churchill’s dictum well: in wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.


Great stuff!

4 comments:

  1. S'a bit deep for fortykay. (the Churchillian axiom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through a brief phase in buying a lot of WH40K books but have stopped the past several months (various reasons). The main reason is...there are so many dang books I haven't read, do I really need to add Yet Another Sub Genre?

    Man, next thing you know I'll start reading urban fantasy by British authors or some such. Down that path lies madness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. British fantasy authors? That way madness lies.

    ReplyDelete