Sunday 3 May 2009

Imperial Guard Thoughts


I have been going through the IG Codex looking at the fine print. Ye Gods! It is riddled with nasty little tings. Leman Russ have a Lumbering rule. The can fire their turret weapon and another if the move up to 6", even if the turret weapon is ordnance.

The Command Orders allow squads reroll misses or to fire an extra shot. You can combine squads into a single large horde and then give a Command Order.

Add in then Advisor Options and you have a Killer Codex.

John

4 comments:

  1. It's looking good so far, bring on the executioner, the vanq and a whole load of vendetta's carrying tooled up vets.

    Oh, the joy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally was able to get my hands on my own copy yesterday. So many terrible mean things in there, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how GW incorporated every IG playing style into the codex. Want an armored company - you can have it. Want a horde - you can have that, too. Want Gaunt's Ghosts, have a bunch of vet squads.

    I just played a 750 point game with 65 men on the field (including Mr. Ordy).

    Its so insane and incredible at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is going to be a fascinating summer, game-wise,
    John

    ReplyDelete