Monday 21 December 2009

President Ramos of the Mineworkers & Steamfitters Union




President Ramos of the Mineworkers & Steamfitters Union and his Creations.


All the components are Wyrd Miniatures' Malifaux range. This is a playable small Malifaux army. The Union is a front for the Arcanist crime network.


I was trying for a gloomy Victorian look, hence the gaslight and the blue reflection on Ramos' coat from the magic fire over his hand. This is the first time that I have tried this sort of directional lighting.

4 comments:

  1. Not bad for a first attempt at OSL.
    I am also trying to perfect this technique too.
    Maybe some brighter extreme highlights closer to the flame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice little unit and i like the OSL. I've never tried that but seen it before and it looks very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Will
    Will try that. I have decided that the technique is more difficult than it looks.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Blitz
    I think one just has to play around.
    John

    ReplyDelete