Sunday 1 June 2014

Bolt Action: Russo-Balt Armoured Flak-Wagon






This is a Russo-Balt flak-wagon with an armoured cab from Scheltrum's excellent Shattered Empires range.

This was not an easy model to make. The wheel axles were way to weak and I had to support them with Milliput. I added the side panels from plasticard. The side stabilisers have hinges on the top but nowhere to attach them. They should have the spades flat on the ground but I could not achieve this without using a vehicle base, which would have taken up more space than it was worth so I settled for sticking them to the side panels in a semi-lowered position.

I added the additional side struts that were found on the real vehicle using plastic sprue. The figures are Warlord Blitzkrieg Germans.



On the plus side the model is unusual and looks good when kit-bashed a bit.

Recommended but expect to add some creative input.


2 comments:

  1. Hi John. Thanks for running a great blog. I've nominated you for a Liebster :) - http://hobbybeforeidie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks TUZ, appreciate the nomination.

    ReplyDelete