Monday 24 February 2014

In Her Majesty's Name: Nautilus Shore Party






Captain Nemo and trusted companions make up a sure party from the Nautilus to find treasure, fight pirates etc.

The models are from West Wind Productions Empire of the Dead range and are 'small' 28mm, i.e. the same as the North Star official models.

We have Nemo himself, four crew members with harpoon pistols, a merman, the Professor and Ned the whaler.

The models are pricey and base inserts are not included despite the pic on the box but they are pretty good. Some of the faces are a bit dramatic but it is a cartoon concept so that's OK.

I intend to use them for IHMN, a game system with which I am much impressed.

7 comments:

  1. I do like this set of miniatures and like what you've done with them.

    I have to disagree somewhat about the price. I don't think they are any pricier than any other range out there really. I agree perhaps its a bit misleading about the base inserts but then I don't come across many mini ranges that do include them as standard. None of my Studio Miniatures came with base inserts either and every figure in there range has one according to the picture on the site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, perhaps I am being somewhat cheapskate but dammit the box art suggested inserts included and there was no disclaimer. There really should be something to alert the customer that inserts are extra.

      Delete
  2. Great work! You pulled that group together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forwards to seeing your Nautilus company list John :)
    Cheers,
    Craig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All in good time Craig. Have one more figure to add. :)

      Delete