Monday 16 April 2012

Statistics


Image Source


JTS now has 300 members, a meaningless fact that inspired me to check Google analytics for the blog. The blog has been running since the summer of 2009


So here are the statistics:

Number of unique visiters (i.e. computers): 99K

Number of Page Views: 334K

Number of visits: 182K
So around 50K 'people' are repeat visiters


National Breakdown: USA 61%, UK 16%, with most of the rest from Western Europe and the Dominions.


Number of Posts: 753

Number of Visiter Comments: 2.5K


Popularity of individual posts: Range from 50 to 1,000 'clicks'.
The subject matter of the most popular posts is too variable to generalise.


And that's probably enough figures to be going on with. I am aware that not everyone shares my autistic fascination for numbers.




A very big thanks to everyone for their enthusiasm.



16 comments:

  1. Delighted to be one of your statistics from 'the dominions' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a number cruncher myself (Read: "Obsessive hit count observer"), so I understand the need to record them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy your site because of the variety of subjects you get into, and the local travelogues are great diversions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was follower 300. Contact me offline to send me my prize :)

    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a serial repeater - but don't always comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy your posts John, be they miniatures-based or just pics of the lovely English countryside. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Lee,
    Takes one to know one.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mad
    I'll have a think about it.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Phil
    They can't touch you for it.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super effort John. Hers to another 300!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been a while. Sorry.

    Congratulations on achieving the 300 mark.

    I used to follow my Stats avidly. But very quickly realised that there was little rhythm or reason for good or bad posts.

    I still check back every so often, but it is not the most important part of Blogging.

    Best wishes and good luck with the next 300.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Tony
    I just have a fascination with numbers. I ended up in a job that allowed me to play with them to my heart's content.
    J

    ReplyDelete