Monday 27 May 2013

Battle of Alabaster Update






Forgot to put up the larger Strain models.

I came across this site by spiraling cadavar that had some WTF news.

The rules have changed quite dramatically already!!!

The troop cards are defunct.

So the troop cards and rules are obsolete only a few weeks after I bought them  at Salute??? This does not please me.

See the link above for details.

What is this, amateur night or something? I bought a product not a development project: at least I thought I had.

OK, I am not going to learn a new game system for a single game that is in a state of flux. Life is too darn short. I will keep the models but will dump the obsolete rules, defunct cards and warped boards.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warnings about this product. It looked so tempting. But definitely not now.
    /Joakim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither project management nor rules administration are as easy as they look. :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah me too, I was quite taken with the preview pics of the miniatures.

    I postulate its slightly rushed seeming nature is indictive of the recent interweb boom in wargaming systems and these new fangled crowdfunded kickstarter things..

    I'd agree that warped playing boards and ill fitting plastics that need the level of filler in your photos isnt really acceptable in this day and age.

    Where was the box set made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. China! By the time the container lands at Felixstowe and you realise you have issues it is all too late.

      Delete
  3. I'm trying not to be livid. Like you, I only just got my hands on the game, and now this...
    ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure doesn't inspire customer confidence.

      Delete
  4. that's what happen when a wargame company tries to do a boardgame without taking the necessary deep beta test. You can update wargame rules but damnit, don't do it for a boardgame. Never ever Monopoly sold half baked rules. Studio McVey killed itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. This product doesn't know whether it wants to be a boardgame or a wargame and falls between the stools.

      Delete