Sunday 5 May 2013

FLGS: No Man's Land, Maidstone







I like to highlight FLGS so this week it's the turn of No Man's Land, inside the Royal Star Arcade off Maidstone High Street.

This is a large modern shop inside a central arcade.




There is a great display in the side window of a Space Marine Strike on an urban zone. It's nice to see a bit of effort going in to marketing.


 This is the downstairs retail area. I get so used to musty wargame shops with damp problems that are in run down zones so It is so pleasant to find one that is light, airy and spacious. There are a couple of tables downstairs along with displays and goodies on sale.








Some of the toy soldiers and accessories on sale. I noticed Mantic, Spartan, Flames of War,Warlord and, of course, GW amongst others.



The main playing is upstairs and is stupendous. I have been to clubs that have less room than this.


Displays and pictures decorate the walls.





The upstairs painting area.




The player zone. There is rack after rack of terrain available for players, some of it massive.


And have a look at the rulebooks available for the use of customers.

 I bumped into three old friends that I hadn't seen in ages when I turned up to take these pics. I highly recommend this place for its friendly atmosphere.


8 comments:

  1. Thats a really nice looking store. Will have to try and remember it. If ever i'm down that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - excellent find John, so close by, will have to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lucky to have a store like that near you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, especially as GW retreats from the hobby store concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm slightly late to this conversation but would you know if this store is still open

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm slightly late to this conversation but would you know if this store is still open

    ReplyDelete