Friday 23 April 2021

Creatures of Bile: Noise Marines


 

Fabulous Bill created Noise Marines and has always enjoyed a harmonious (sic) relationship with them.


I there fore decided to use the two official Noise Marine upgrade kits from GW to make two squads of five.



I wanted them to look different from the rest of my army so I tried out a couple of Green Stuff World colorshift paints. The armour is PinkyBlue and the weapons are Goblin Red (dark red-dark green).

You have to be careful to apply sparingly otherwise you get white crystals.


Still photos don't convey the coloured flicker effect as the light hits different panels at different angles especially as the model is rotated.




Two views under different light.




The same model rotated.



8 comments:

  1. Great looking Noise Marines John, have used the conversion parts on my own versions, plus a few different ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just five ?

    Bulk the squad out with bolter armed ECs (?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two squads of 5. Creations of Bile is a small 'Patrol' army so small squads of elite units.

      Delete
  3. Love these guys. I have some old-school Noise Marines and really have to get around to painting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The War of the Spider Supplement finally inspired me to finish mine.

      Delete
  4. Looks like I'll have to fit a daylight bulb for our next game then, sometime in July I'm guessing. Like you say they probably look better live to get the full effect. I will have boned up on the Crusade rules by then.

    ReplyDelete