Monday 3 August 2009

Nurgle Army



The Forces of Decay

I play for fun rather than enter competitive gaming so I am not that bothered about codex legality provided both players have a fun game.

One way to play something different is to mix and match from different codices provided, and this is the key bit, one does not power play, i.e. cheat.

I have a Nurgle themed army that is drawn from the Chaos Space Marine and Daemon codices.

HQ’s
1. Lord Swyneflue the Mephitic: Nurgle Daemon Prince.
2. Gangrenic: Great Unclean One.

Elite
1. The Dreadnought Slimecutter: Chaos Dreadnought.
2. Beast of Nurgle.

Troops
1. The Putridity: Champion and Plague Marines.
2. Plaguebearers

Fast Attack :
1. Oh come on; did you expect any?

Heavy Support
1. Spitpuss: Plaguereaper (Nurgle Baneblade).

This makes up an approximately 1500 point army. The Plaguereaper is just there for laughs. I use a house rule that says that apocalypse templates are not used on normal-sized tables. The daemons must arrive from reserve using deep strike.

This army is brittle and unstable. Results vary wildly from game to game.

4 comments:

  1. You know, the more I look at the pics, the more I like the shade of green.
    Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ron,
    That is kind of you.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dig the old-school Plague Marines. I happened to have a few leftover when I started back up and they are some of my favorite models.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Big D
    Yes, I have a soft spot for them. They look more nurgly than the new ones, even though the new ones are a more sophisticated model.
    John

    ReplyDelete