Monday 24 October 2016

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Mwah, ha, ha ha.

"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming." Only he ain't dreaming now.



 Dive, dive, dive

I think the Nautilus may have bitten off more than it can masticate on this occasion, when it investigates a new island that has just arisen out of the Pacific.




Captain Nemo puts the pedal to the metal -so to speak.




The Nautilus gets away.

This is a big reaper Bones mini in 28 mm, retailing for the very reasonable price of £30. The casting is excellent and everything went together smoothly with just a little milliput to fill in the joints.


Although I did have to boil him a bit to straighten one of his legs so it fitted the socket in the base.


I decided on Humbrol spray slime green as an appropriate base paint and added dark green wash and lemon yellow highlights.






13 comments:

  1. That is massive, I doubt I would ever get it to the tabletop myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes a good terrain piece if nothing else. Or I might use it in Age of Sigmar. All massive models.

      Delete
  2. "That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with strange aeons even death may die"

    Nice beastie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tamsin,
      I recall translating that line into Latin for Mr Derleth in the '60s, even before I started writing for him.
      Dave Drake

      Delete
  3. Lovely work, or should I say Suitably Squamous work!

    Always enjoyed the mythos, and I rather like what you've done with good ol' Cthulhu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks huge in the pot. Very cool. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. And surprisingly tasty too, if a little rubbery! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cant be worse than the average chicken cutlet.

      Delete