Wednesday 10 May 2017

Shadow War - Genestealer Cultists on the Cheap

I picked up some half used sprues from the Kill Team Boxed game on eBay for a modest price, from which I extracted fifteen neophyte gangers.

I decided to use orange as the base colour partly because I haven't any orange troops and partly because these are supposed to be civilian miners and orange, to me, suggests heavy industrial plant. I used purple as the contrasting tie-together colour. The bases are Tamiya Pavement dark-grey textured paint. I also liberally applied dark brown wash to dirt everything up.

The models break down into a five man command team with autoguns, the leader equipped with a power mining pick and an autopistol, .....

and two fire teams with a mining laser, grenade launcher and autoguns.





6 comments:

  1. Interesting/NICE. Like the orange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orange does leap out at one, rather. :)

      Delete
  2. Simple and effective, but orange guns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! They look incredible. Very industrial. Excellent colour choice. cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have dodgy colour vision so I tend to favour bright colours.

      Delete