Monday 3 December 2018

Cruel Seas Torpedo Boats Sprues


Managed to acquire an example of Warlord Games' Cruel Seas starter set sprues.

There are two sprues, and each makes two different boats: a mid and late S-Boat and a Type 1 and Type 2 Vesper MTB.

I made them up as intended, adding nothing with the sole exception of the Vospers' masts...which are way oversized.

If one wanted to add mast's to these vessels I would recommend nylon house brush 'hairs'. You could use fine wire but I have had bad experiences of putting my hands over models to move them without noticing a very sharp upward pointing wire! And they are a hazard to children.

The boats are great. ..highly recommended.

I am trying to blag an early review copy of the starter set for review .........


4 comments:

  1. They look nice Oh Dear Oh Dear.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picked up the sprue free with WI. I've resisted a lot of games recently but this one has me really tempted. I'm just wondering realistically how many different scenarios can be squeezed out of it without becoming repetitive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a problem with air and naval games. The lack of terrain does tend to limit possibilities although coastal boats have more terrain than most naval.

      Delete