Monday 28 June 2010

Sci Fi Pulp - Bounty Hunter


This is an 'alien hunter' from the Fenryll range. I have adopted it as a bounty hunter for my space opera collection. I have used bright 'comic' colours to reinforce the pulp sci fi look.

Fenryll make wonderfully detailed and imaginative models but they willcast them with a thick base. Cutting the model off the base is challenging. In this case I lost a foot somewhere along the line. I decided to give him a hydraulic peg-leg. This had the advantage of pinning the model to the base as well as customising it.

"Moral for the day: there are no problems, only opportunities."

Can anyone spout bilge like that outside of a management consultancy or lunatic asylum, in so far as they can be distinguished, without wanting to throw up?

J.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Cyborg
    Never saw that movie.
    I had in mind the Time Lord guards from the 70s Dr Who.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cyborg
    Can you imagine being chased by a fearsome alien who can only manage 1mph for ten feet before expiring of heat exhaustion.
    J

    ReplyDelete