Tuesday 31 July 2012

Chocs Away, Chaps


Made an Airspeed Horsa Mk 1 troop-landing glider for my airborne to land in. It's an Airfix 1/72 kit. I hadn't reaised what a huge aircraft this was. I had a mental image of something much smaller. I knew they could land quite heavy equipment, such as 17pdr anti-tank guns, but I hadn't followed through on my thinking.

I got my airbrush out for the first time in years and had to remind myself what all the bits did. I hummed and hawed about fitting Normandy stripes but decided in the end to leave it as a more generic paint finish. I can always spray some on later.


7 comments:

  1. Nicely executed John with a scenic setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work John, I've just finished Stephen.E. Ambrose's 'Pegasus Bridge' coincidently,which is highly-recommended if you haven't had chance to read it.
    Regards,
    Monty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I wouldnt mind a couple of these in 15mm scale...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Paul
    My back garden is very green this summer. Continuous rainfall has its upside.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Monty
    I have never read it but it has just been reprinted.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Scott
    Someone must do a 1:100 version.
    J

    ReplyDelete