Tuesday 20 October 2009

SELWG 2009 Part II - The Models

First let me apologise for the photos. They were taken on a handheld in poor light conditions and do not do justice to the models.

Below is my only 'monkey see' purchase of the show, a Victorian aeronef. I have plans for aeronefs and aethershps in the 40K world.




The aeronef is produced by Ironclad Miniatures who do a nice range of Victorian SF. They are also very helpful and are casting some legs for me - I feel a Chaos stealth tank coming on.



Alternative SF history is very popular at the moment, going by the exhibits. West Wind had their very successful 1949 on display.


Here is one of the 1949 mechs. It is a pretty large resin and metal model. larger than a drednought but smaller than a titan.


Finally, the art people had a small painting display of astonishingly good models.


You can see this guy's eyes inside the helmet slits.


This landspeeder by Mr Dixon fascinated me because it has metallic paint like a car. It was done by airbrushing the model bright silver then airbrushing a mixture of gloss varnish mixed with colour tint - Tamiya blue in this case. It looked great.


7 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of neat stuff there. I look forward to seeing your monkey see purchase here on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The standard of miniatures on display (both on the demo tables and the trade stands) was very high. The examples on the painting table were so good I had to come away... the quality of their brushwork made me feel like a finger painter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at that Ironclad VSF flyer but managed to resist. How heavy is it? I was wondering about a stand configuration?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Al, I had to order it as they sold out by the time I got there so I never held it. Will let you know when it arrives. John

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lee, I know. The photos do not do the models justice.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Geek,
    I have other stuff in prep......
    John

    ReplyDelete